Campaigns are how Surfrider Foundation protects our ocean, waves, and beaches. Surfrider campaigns are defined as yes/no decisions made by a governing body. They are more specific than programs and include actions like passage of local policy or halting the construction of shoreline structures.
When we win a campaign, it’s called a victory. Surfrider defines a victory as a decision by a governing body that protects the coastal and ocean environment, improves coastal access, or both. Click on the links below to learn more about our active campaigns and recent victories.
- Improve Testing & Public Notification at HI Beaches (Region wide)
- Reduce the Impact of Cesspools on Coastal Waters (Region wide)
- Protect ‘Aliomanu Beach Access (Kauai)
- Restore Public Beach Access at Ko’olina (Oahu)
- Stop the Waimanalo Sea Wall (Oahu)
- Protect Wawamalu Sand Dunes (Oahu)
- Protect Ewa Beach (Oahu)
- Save Sharks Cove (Oahu)
- Stop Maui’s Wastewater Injection Wells (Maui)